Subject Re: [firebird-support] Batch insert performance
Author Richard Wesley
Hi Bill -

On Aug 23, 2006, at 23:12, bill_lam wrote:

> What middleware do you use? I can insert 1e6 rows in about 2 to 6
> minutes. It
> depends on row size and hardware but you can get a rough idea of
> the speed. I
> also curious if jaybird or .net driver have a similar verb.

No middleware, just straight API calls with a prepared insert statement.

You have to be careful making comparisons because your example has 6
fields and my example has 75 and your character field is essentially
3 chars wide (from a "moving bytes around" point of view). Another
important difference may be that I am using the embedded version.
Richard Wesley Software Engineer
Tableau Software
http://www.tableausoftware.com/ hawkfish
tableausoftware com