Subject Re: [firebird-support] Correct Page Size for the database.
Author ian
Leyne, Sean wrote:
> Ian,
>
>> I have tried searching the release docs
>>> and online articles but cannot seem to find anything.
>> The only place I have encountered it, is on an Oracle DBA course, so
> you
>> could try Oracle sites.
>
> It would be grossly incorrect to apply the Oracle page size rules to a
> Firebird database.

Why? A page is a page, no matter what the database system.

They all have slightly different internal methods for handling free
space and page chaining, but they all store data or index records on
disk in units of pages (sometimes called blocks). Large pages contain
more data and are suited to situations where large quantities of data
need to be read from disk.

regards
ian