Subject Re: odd select case problem
Author davidrevill69
It is difficult to tell from your incomplete example exactly where
line 7 char 13 is, but in my experince this will point exactly to the
error. It is somewhere in the case statement.

If it works at your company and you have not changed the code, the
difference is likely to be in the FBserver at your computer. Are you
sure you are running FB1.5 on your computer?

If the error points exactly to the quotation mark, is it a locale
setting on your computer or the database?

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Jose Antunes <ntnsjs@...>
wrote:

> hello all.. i dont know what to do anymore. i run firebird 1.5 here
and at my company. i use a select in my delphi application that used
to run normal but recently its simply started not to work anymore
here in my computer. strangely, it still runs normal at the company
and i haven't changed the code or the tables. i used the following
select:

> SELECT T1.num_cupom, T1.id_tipo_transacao, T1.data, T1.hora,
T1.id_sistema,
> T1.id_usuario, T1.id_cliente, T1.opcao, T1.desc_especial,
> T1.tt_unidades, T1.total, T1.observacao, t1.confirmada,
> T2.codigo_vip, T2.nome AS cliente, T2.email, T2.rg, T2.cpf,
T2.cnpj,
> T2.razaosoc, T2.fone_res, T2.fone_cel, T2.fone_com, T2.cidade,
> CASE t1.confirmada WHEN 0 then 'open'
> ELSE 'close' END as status
> FROM tab_propostas T1
>
> T1.confirmada is an integer field wich receives 0 or 1 and i want
to "translate" this to open or closed. i get the following error from
IBExpert:

> Invalid token.
> Dynamic SQL Error.
> SQL error code = -104.
> Token unknown - line 7, char 13.
> .
>
> and in delphi, i get something like this:
>
> Project ISIS.exe raised exception class EZSQLException with
message 'SQL Error: Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code=-104. Token
unknow - line 1, char 333 .. Erro Code: - 104. Invalid token The SQL:
SELECT T1.num_cupom ...