Subject Re: OIT still
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Upson" <nick@...> wrote:

> I've been unable to find this in the docs, at what point does a
connection
> hold the OIT stationary and when does it move forward
>
> after isc_attach_database, after isc_start_transaction or ?

Surely a connection without any transaction would hold anything
stationary. Pretty easy to test yourself though. Given that it is the
transaction properties that affect the OIT, I imagine it is the
transaction call that prevents it from moving forward, and the garbage
collection that moves it forward.

But write a 2 second application that establishes a connection, run
gstat to get the current OIT. Do some stuff with another application,
committing, run a sweep and check gstat again.

Adam