Subject Re: Problem with Firebird over Internet
Author peppino_behnke
Hi Michael,

there is no chance until you you change from 2-tier to 3-tier. It's
simple done either with DCOM or for example Borlands MIDAS or might be
for linux with CORBA.
The main reason for the slow speed i'ts not the size of data's to
transfer (therefore ZeBeDee dos'nt help) but instead the communication
between the FB drivers for every sql statement.
We use very succesfully ASTA from http://www.astatech.com/index.html
If you need more information feel free to send me a e-mail

regards
Gerhard

Hamburg
Behnke@...

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Matze" <matze@...> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have an application which connects to a Firebird Server over LAN.
This is