Subject Re: [firebird-support] what should i use? trigger, procedure or am i doing something stupid?
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 3 Aug 2006 at 14:48, Fabio Gomes wrote:

>I have several tables, like, products, order, stock itens, etc, i ll
>just give you an example cause i dont have anything certain right now,
>i m just thinking how to do this.
>
>I want to do something like, when i insert or update a stock item, i
>want to update the products and some other fields. so i wrote this:

Such desire mean that your database is denormalized. Is this
denormalization deliberate or comes from bad initial design?
SPs are as good as triggers, but triggers has one advantage
comparing with SP: user can't bypass them by direct table access. On
the other hand you can prevent it with rightly assigned rights...

--
SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.