Subject Re: [firebird-support] Index Coverage in Firebird
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Hi Hemant!

Firebird has to look in the table to even see whether the record is
visible to the current transaction, so you cannot even do a 'select
count' without accessing the table itself.

So the technique you mention is useless on Firebird.

I hope you are using WHERE clauses to limit the returned number of
records. How many of the 20 million records do you want to select and
how selective are the indexes used?

Set