Subject RE: [firebird-support] About BLOB fields.
Author Nigel Weeks
BLOB's are unlimited length. If you're getting an error of 50 chars when
inserting into a BLOB, it's your application that's at fault, or a UDF
that's being run on insert that's imposing the limit.

I have one BLOB field with a 4.7GB DVD image in it...there are no limits.

Nige.

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of William Gonzáles S.
Sent: Thursday, 29 June 2006 12:56 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] About BLOB fields.

Hello. I have a string column, the minumun length is
18 but the max is no defined, it could be 50, 100,
500, .., the data type is BLOB (string) with length
50, but if the text is greater to 50, FB gives an
error and the registry is not updated. Is it possible
to create a string column with undefined length?

Thanks in advance,

William GS