Subject Re: [firebird-support] empty string=null ?
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
"NULL is a state, not a value" has been written lots of times in this
list. It is very different from any empty string, and I'd be greatly
surprised if they were considered equal even in Firebird 10.0 in 30
years time (other than as an non-default option).

I have heard about another database system that doesn't distinguish
between the two, but that was a database that had severe limitations.

Oh, one more thing. Please don't start a new thread by replying to an
old, it makes threading mess things up.

Set