Subject Re: schedule backup
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "cbll_lam" <cbll_lam@...> wrote:

> Is it possible to write a sp to do daily schedule backup?
> I guess this is possible in SQLServer 2000. Any help appreciated.
>
> regards,
> bill

No, but you don't need to, you can run a daily backup through a batch
file and the windows scheduler.

Here is a bat file template.

Backup.bat
----------

REM Make Backup

"c:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\gbak.exe" -b
[ServerHostName]:[PathOrAlias] [PathToPutBackupFile]

REM Now copy/zip/ftp/whatever it somewhere

Now all you need to do is put the batch file in the Windows Scheduler
and you are done. You should also modify the backup to perform a test
restore as this will alert you if for whatever reason your backup is
corrupted.

If you want a GUI tool to do it, check the firebirdsql.org website
under tools.

Adam