Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Help needed on Composite primary key length
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At June 16, 2006, 5:40 AM, Opher Shachar wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> When I am trying to create the table in firebird database using the
>> following Script I a getting "Key size too big RDB$PRIMARY8"
> Exception.
>>[snip]

> Hi Rambabu,
> in FB (1.5 / 2.0) there is a size limit to primary keys.
> see here: http://forums.devshed.com/firebird-sql-development-61/size-
> restriction-for-primary-key-277612.html

With FB 2.0, the key size limit is a quarter of the page size. Also,
the database has to be ODS 11, so even if you take a database from FB
1.5 and simply start using in FB 2.0, without doing a backup and
restore, the index key size limit will still be the same as in FB 1.5,
because the database is still ODS 10 or ODS 10.1.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail