Subject Re: [firebird-support] Process of firebird become 1G-byte over.
Author Ann W. Harrison
KIMURA, Meiji wrote:

> I use Firebird CS in default setting. it means cache is 75.
> I don't understand Ann's 'That's consistent with running out of semaphores.'

Semaphore usage is related to the number of pages in cache and the
number of connections trying to use those pages. The larger the
cache, the more likely it is you'll use semaphores.

> Set caches size between 100 and 200, I can avoid becoming of process so big ?

Increasing the cache size will make things worse.

Hmmm... could you show us a process list with memory usage
when the system is using a gig of memory?

Thanks,

Ann