Subject Re: [firebird-support] Interclient startup problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:41 PM 11/06/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm getting an error when I install the firebird interclient

There is no "firebird interclient". The Borland IB 6.0 interclient is DEAD.

>and try
>to start it: the system says that I have not permissions to install
>it as service. Still thus the service is shown in the list of
>installed services and when I try to start it other error is shown
>saying "The service cannot be started".

Even if it were viable software, you would not install a client layer
as a server. You would hook into it from your Java application.

> I already try exhaustingly very solutions, but nothing decide my
>problem. The interesting is the service was working well, and,
>suddenly, it stop.
>
>The interclient version is 2.01. I'm in Windows 2000 Server.

Tell us exactly what you are trying to do. If you want to connect
with Firebird from a Java application, you should install Firebird
and use the Jaybird driver with your Java application to access the server.

As recommended earlier today in a Moderator message, you should
subscribe to the firebird-java list for help with Java connectivity.

>Please help-me.

Help yourself first, by providing properly detailed information about
what you are attempting to do.

^heLen