Subject Re: [firebird-support] Scripting
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:15 PM 1/06/2006, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Where can I read about FB scripting (how to run a script from isql,
>how to pass parameters, how to control output and so on)?

You can't pass parameters to a script and a script doesn't have
output. It's just a list of statements that are executed one by one.

Are you confusing "scripting" with stored procedures?

OpGuide.pdf (google for it) contains the doc for isql. Of particular
interest for creating and running scripts are the isql commands
OUTPUT and INPUT, respectively.

LangRef.pdf has the doc (such as it is) for PSQL, the programming
extension language of InterBase, with Firebird additions in release
notes. That is for writing SPs and triggers.

Or you could buy a book that has substantial sections on *both*
scripts and PSQL....

./heLen