Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB2 security fdb question
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:18 PM 1/06/2006, you wrote:
>Hi, All!
>
>I have clear server machine without previous Firebird installation.
>On this server I installed FB2 RC2 SS.
>After that I am typing next command
> gsec.exe -user sysdba -password masterkey
>and receive next message:
> "cannot attach to password database
> unable to open database"
>
>In Release Notes I found some issues about using Firebird' 1.5
>security.fdb with FB2, but there is no previous FB installation on
>this machine.
>
>FB2 started as a service.
>
>Where I am wrong?
>May be I am missing something in Release Notes?

This is the wrong place to ask. Fb 2.0 RC 2 is still beta.

FYI, there is a whole chapter in the release notes about what you
have to do with the security database, see
http://www.firebirdsql.org/rlsnotes20/sec-new-db.html and also the
script in the Appendix.

If you cannot make it work as instructed, post a report to firebird-devel.

^ heLen