Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: PostGIS support ?
Author Nigel Weeks
Here's my work so far, starting from a posting I made a few months ago.
It's got a simple R-Tree index storage method, that most likely needs work.
There'll be a few SP's to search the R-Tree index, insert, update, and
balance, but I've got a few urgent jobs before I can get back to that.

Feel free to pump recommendations/code snippets back to me.
(I suppose this is heading towards OT for this list, but if other people
need spatial help, it probably could stick around)

http://prism9.com/virtual/g/geobird/

There's the schema, and an ER diagram in .pdf form.

Nige.

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of nols_smit
Sent: Tuesday, 12 December 2006 5:43 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: PostGIS support ?

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Weeks" <nweeks@...>
wrote:

> I like the look of R-tree implementations using database tables -
that would
> be a very nice recursive SP to build.
>
> Might give it a shot today, if things get quiet.
>
> Nige.

I will appreciate it if you keep me informed by using my work e-
mail: nols@...
Next year I may get involved in projects with GIS components and
would like to stay with FireBird.

My developing environment: Delphi with IntraWeb components &
FireBird.
Prospective GIS components for Delphi: Tatuk GIS

Regards,

Nols Smit