Subject RE: [firebird-support] Accounting System DB Design
Author Nigel Weeks
http://prism9.com/virtual/o/openaspect/src/modules/mod_finance/db/

It's rough, but it'll probably do.

Nige.

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Anthony Tanas
Sent: Friday, 8 December 2006 4:33 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Accounting System DB Design

Could someone point me to an example of table design for an accounting
related system?

I want to implement standard T-Account style accounting in my system.
Should I have a table for each account(CASH, AR, WRITEOFF, DISCOUNT,
REVENUE, et. al.)? Or should I have a single "LEDGER" table and an
"ACCOUNTTYPE" lookup table?

To link the debit/credit side of a transaction can I have a foreign key on
field in the same table? An example (or some advice) would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony