Subject Re: [firebird-support] Feature that is not so good
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:17 AM 8/12/2006, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
> In FB 1.5 I was able to write a query like this:
>
> Select Client.Name From Client cl
>
> In FB 2.0 it is not possible. If I use an alias, the whole name of
>the table can't be used. I have hundreds of situations like this in a
>sistem.

Correct. It is clearly explained in the Fb 2.0 release notes. See
"DSQL Parsing of Table Names is Stricter" on page 40 and "Changed
Ambiguity Rules in SQL" in the "Known Compatibility Issues" section.

You can use *either* table qualifiers *or* aliases, but you cannot
mix them. Previously, it was contrary to standard to mix them, but
Firebird 1.5 would tolerate it and would only throw a warning. Now,
it throws a frank exception.

You have some work to do...

./heLen