Subject Re: [firebird-support] (unknown)
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:13 AM 5/12/2006, you wrote:
>I am an administrator of users, not the program / database
>modifier.
>
>I have an existing table to which grants have been added all
>working fine.
>
>The programmer has added a new column to the table. I am
>getting the error "general error no. permission for
>read/select access to COLUMN ACTION_TYPE
>
>I have tried adding update / reference access to this
>individual column. Also i have tried revoking all access
>from the user & from the roles to start a fresh but I am
>receiving this error.
>
>Helen - I have your book but was unable to find a solution.

You should be able to query the system table RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES to
see who owns the table. You can only confer privileges if you are
logged in as either the SYSDBA user, or the user that owns the table,
or a user that has been granted the WITH GRANT OPTION privilege to that table.

>Any help would be great.

Why can't you ask the programmer to fix it?

./heLen