Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB2.0 amd64 Nbackup and corruption
Author Dmitry Yemanov
mb_at_ss wrote:

> Is there any documentation on how Nbackup knows what data has changed?

Each page contains a serial change number (unique across the database)
maintained by the engine. The current SCN is stored for every backup
level. NBAK just scans the whole database and compares the stored SCN of
the previous level with the current page SCN.

> I suspect NBACKUP may cause some or all of these triggers to fire but
> have not investigated that yet.

I'd say this is impossible. NBAK works at the page level and it cannot
fire triggers.

> If I still need assistance I will post a thorough analysis of the
> corruptions as well.

To firebird-devel, please.

Dmitry