Subject Re: [firebird-support] Recursive Trigger
Author Alex Antunes
When the trigger update call sp with update the same row.

use a Dummy field alway NULL and on call sp use a value DUMMY

Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: Ann W. Harrison
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Recursive Trigger

s_m_t80 wrote:
> on Firebird 1.5 and 2.0 I have this problem,

I guess we're going to need to see your actual trigger,
or better yet a simplified version of it. However, my
suspicion is that you're trying to change a value in
an after update trigger. That's ok, if the value is
in the other table, but not if you're trying to change
the current record.

Aside from my own bone-headedness, I've never had
problems with recursion in Firebird.

Best,

Ann