Subject Re: Error installing on Win XP Pro
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Murdoch"
<mailgroups@...> wrote:

> Adam,

That is interesting, we have done hundreds of installs using 1.5.3 and
have never encountered this issue. Granted most of our server installs
are Windows Server 2003, but the laptop I type this on is XP 1.5.3 CS,
formerly XP 1.5.3 SS.

I have never installed it to a folder other than default, which is
inside $PROGRAMFILES (which has been on a D drive before), maybe try that.

Also I hope D drive refers to a hard drive or partition of a hard
drive, not some mapped drive or something like that.

try:

services.msc

Double click

Firebird Server - default instance

Does the path to executable point to the right place?

It may also be a bug in the installer (which it does not overly
surprise me if they use the same one for Firebird 2). If you install
it to the default location, does it work?

Adam