Subject Re: [firebird-support] Return value from procedure is NULL
Author Sándor Tamás (HostWare Kft)
You have to suspend the procedure, so it will give the return values to the caller:
CREATE PROCEDURE TEST
returns
(
result integer
)
as
BEGIN
REsult = 1;
suspend;
END;

----- Original Message -----
From: shennig1974
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:39 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] Return value from procedure is NULL

Hi,

i'm using firebird 1.5.3 and IBExpert 2006.08.16. I'm a newbie on
firebird and i have a problem with the stored procedures.

I have tried to implement procedures in firebird. They are compiled
without any problem and i can use them in a select statement. But the
result is always NULL.
For example this simple procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE TEST
returns
(
result integer
)
as
BEGIN
Result = 1;
END;

I've made an select in this way:

select * from TEST;

And the result is NULL. When i debugg, the variable is correctly
filled.

What is going wrong?Do i forget something?

Thanks a lot!