Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: How can I skip an Insert ?
Author Lester Caine
Stefan Renzewitz wrote:

> This way I was able to reduce the import down to 40 seconds which
> would take several minutes before. However, one commercial competition
> is doing it within 10 seconds. That's bugging me a little bit, but
> then again I'm now using a true database which doesn't seem to slow
> down with an increasing database and I'm storing more information than
> the competition does. Also I'm using transaction and indexes and I
> know that the "competition" database quite often corrupts (the price
> of speed and not using a true database I think).

I remember a few years back a customer complaining about how slow
Firebird was. He switched an 'critical application' to MySQL because it
was a lot faster. MySQL crashed and it took his staff several days to
re-enter data - into the Firebird version :)
I will not embarrass them by naming names ;)
The question should probably be - when you have 1 million moves logged
who is faster, and how long does it take to backup ? Just to be safe ;)

--
Lester Caine