Subject Re: Autoincremented Fields in Delphi
Author Genilton Barbosa
Now, I executed INSERT INTO MyTable ... using IBExpert and it worked
OK. So, there's not a Firebird problem. My software was developed
using Delphi / BDE / TTable object and I think the problem is in
there. I will search Delphi / BDE sites.

Thanks.

Genilton Barbosa
Brazil

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@u...> wrote:

> > I migrated a database from Paradox to Firebird unsing the
migration
> > tool IBPump. IBPump create generators and triggers to simulate
> > autoinc fields.
> >
> > The autoinc simulation is not working if the autoinc fields are
used
> > in primary keys (NOT NULL constraint). It looks like the
constraint
> > is checked before the execute of the trigger.
>
> No, they shouldn't be.
>
> What's the -exact- error message?
>
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle &
MS SQL