Subject Re: [firebird-support] Log Firebird
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:41 PM 1/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with Firebird 1.5.2 on a Red Hat 9.0.
>
>The firebird.log show me a message error:
>
>server.domain (Server) Mon Aug 1 10:36:54 2005
> INET/inet_error: read errno = 104
>
>What this wants to say???

The log is reporting an error from the TCP/IP network - "Connection reset
by peer". In this case, the server has lost contact with a client. Often
it doesn't mean anything important since, on a slow or noisy network, it
can occur often.

It's important if it occurs in combination with some other event that is
Firebird-related.

If there are a lot of such errors, it might indicate a fault in network
hardware - loose plugs, damaged cables, faulty cards.

./heLen