Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: gbak takes days to restore large db?
Author Aage Johansen
dbambo2000 wrote:
> Aage,
> Thanks for responding. I'm using Firebird 1.5. The page size is
> 8192. I'm not sure about the number of cache pages. I don't think
> I've altered this from the default setting. Would that be an issue?
> dbambo2000

I don't think so, but then I never experimented much. I usually use around
8K pages (of 8KB, sometimes less). Tried once with 40.000 (on IB/5). Only
once.
Your cpu speed is probably ok, but what about disk speed on the WinXP (may
be slowish on some laptops, I think). What about fragmention?
Are the temp area on the same disk as the database?

Is it still running? If you stopped it, you could restart using the -v
switch to see what activity is slow.

--
Aage J.
[Top-posting makes for difficult reading...]