Subject Re: FB 1.5.x CS on Linux - Primary Key FAILURE
Author mikcaau
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Bozzy" <public1@s...> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was reporting this "bug" to the tracker on firebird@sourceforge, but
> learned there of the exixtence of this mailing list.
>

> You can run these scripts from isql, but be warned that the problem
> only appears if you run them in two separate sessions, i.e. start
> isql, execute the first script, close isql (or maybe close the
> connection with the database), reopen isql (or reconnect to the
> database) and execute the second script...
>
> WHAT AM I MISSING? Or is this a true bug?
>
> Regards,
> Bozzy.

Well of course this is the way that databases work. Until you commit
your work only objects inside your transaction can see the results of
them.
I understand that it is a big mistake to modify a database structure
whilst other users are connected.
I could easily imagine dropping a column that someone else is editing
or adding a new constraint.

Mick