Subject Re: Trend Micro Virus Check FB 1.5 as Spyware
Author donjuandomain
I tried to post about this on the 26th, but it didn't make it into
the group. We have a rather large array of clients who use FireBird
and some 40 who use the trend product. Suddenly, this client group
with Trend had all kinds of virus warnings going to their IT staffs
about fbserver.exe. Curiously, the server version of the Trend
product behaved whereas the workstation product sent a now assumed
false alarm.

Testing the same FB binaries with other virus protection software did
not detect any viruses.

We have a case open with Trend about this issue and I'll update this
thread with any forthcoming information.

Don Bennett

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "David Szkilnyk"
<david.szkilnyk@h...> wrote:
> Yes it is a msi, I will work out where it came from. By the
> gather no one else has come across this issue yet?
>
> Dave.

Module