Subject Re: SetUID stored procedures?
Author vandy899
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Prenosil"
<Ivan.Prenosil@s...> wrote:
> > That's not the way I understood it... I created these objects as
> > SYSDBA, GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE $PROC to $USER, but when I EXECUTE
> > PROCEDURE $PROC, it states that I don't have sufficient privs to
> > INSERT INTO - despite the fact that SYSDBA obviously has
sufficient privs.

> You have to grant insert right to the procedure.
>
> Ivan

So, that's something like (where $table is the table, $proc is the
procedure) "GRANT INSERT ON $table TO PROCEDURE $proc". What are the
semantics of that? Are procedures that it calls granted those same
privs in context of that caller calling them? (Sort of like an euid
== 0 process calling another process, and that then having euid == 0
as a consequence).

Cheers,

Michael