Subject Re: MySql longtext data type in firebird?
Author vandy899
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Mohd. Jeffry"
<linuxlah@g...> wrote:
> Which one is more suitable for replacing MySQL "longtext" data type?
> blob subtype text or varchar(32000) ? I want to use this field as a
> place to put my text rants at my blog application. This is another
> MySQL to Firebird migration issue.

I'd say a blob of text subtype. You'll notice that varchar (n) puts a
rather arbitrary limit on whatever you're using. You will, however,
need to use the appropriate APIs to get stuff out of it - if you're
using PHP, look at the PHP documentation, if you're using Python, look
at the kinterbasdb documentation.

Cheers,

Michael