Subject Re: [firebird-support] Windows O/S Config for 50-user system
Author Peter sanders
Hi

From the limited EULA reading (some time ago) Microsoft DOES limit and has
the right to limit (if Microsoft chooses) the number of users by merely
specifying within the license (EULA) that their (MS) software cannot be
used with more than xx users (insert specific value here).

While it may very well be technically possible to connect many more users
than the software EULA specifies by any protocol desired, if the EULA user
exceeds the EULA specified connections, then they (users) are
contradicting the EULA agreement.

This could very well be a moot point of course as Microsoft probably would
not police the EULA, however MS could police it and take action.

This EULA limiting is of course all an excuse for Microsoft to continually
improve their revenue raising. For all we know it could be just a few
lines of code that change between XP Home, XP Pro and Windows Server 2003
(pick your own year here :D), but of course the price changes
substantially.

I have not read the whole EULA agreement for MY version of XP Pro, and
would prefer not to. However from what I have read the gist of it is that
Microsoft provide this software without ANY responsibilty other than
paying you back for the purchase price paid. If anything goes wrong it's
NOT their fault NO MATTER WHAT! However should YOU the user exceed their
EULA they do have EVERY right to "wipe the floor with you"!

--
Regards

Peter

Outgoing emails scanned by Trendmicro Internet Security