Subject Re: NTService
Author Simon Carter
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "sibeliuslacy"
<sibeliuslacy@y...> wrote:

> I have an NT service that needs to log in under a user account and
> connect to a FB database. Under the Local System account
> (interactive), it works fine, but the connection fails if the
> service is set to log in under a user account with administrative
> privileges. Is it possible to connect to FB from a logged-in
service?

If the EventLog does not shed any light on why it does not work, you
might want to consider using dependencies, two dependencies that jump
to mind are:

FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance
Tcpip

As you can't specify the start order for services, you could be in a
position where your service is starting prior to the Firebird or
TCP/IP services are starting.

rgds

Si Carter
http://www.tectsoft.net/