Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Insert current time and date
Author Ann W. Harrison
ra8009 wrote:

>>INSERT INTO MYTABLE VALUES ('MyString','NOW');
>
> One question: what is I wanted to insert the word "now" into a string
> field? I though that by using single quotes it would treat it as a string.

When you assign 'now' to a date you are assigning a string, just as if
you assigned 'Nov 17, 1858'. Neither value is actually a date; both are
strings that represent dates. A date is a pair of long words, one
representing the number of days since the base date and the other the
number of 100ths of milliseconds since the beginning of the day.

Regards,

Ann