Subject Re: Target Machine actively refused it
Author mikcaau
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "GOVINDKRISHNA"
<gkrishna@j...> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Strange problem.
>
> We have Firebird SS 1.0 6.2.794 with Guardian running on a twin
processor Windows 2003 server.
> we have CPU_AFFINITY set to 2
>
> All clients are able to connect and function properly.
>
> Intermittently the clients will freeze. (Stop responding). At this
time new clients cannot connect.
> During this time when we try to connect using a debugger we get a
message
> "No Connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it"
> This happens on other machines on the network as well as the machine
on which Firebird Server (Windows 2003) is running.

> Our clients are written using Delphi and IBO
>
> Sometimes after sometime the problem will get solved on its own.
> However if we restart Firebird Server the problem is definetely
solved and clients are able to work.

> This happens about 3 to 4 times a day. During this time the
Interbase .log on both client and server is showing 10054 and 10053 errors

> At this time if we check in task manager the CPU activity is not
more than 20 to 25% and the memory usage is also quite reasonable

> Can anybody give me some idea of what the problem could be
>
> Regards
> gk

Try this for a list of windows tcp error messages
http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$173

Do you have enough Client licences for yout server?
Mick