Subject Re: [firebird-support] Rpm != tar
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:52 AM 12/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

> > I think your rpm database is still euchred. :-(
>
>I know, but if i just ignore that and install from the tar I thought it
>should all work ok

Well, it should, once you have cleaned out your old bits and pieces from
the previous Fb 1.5 RC9 install. Last time you were posting about these
problems you said that rpm reported that a server was running.

Once you've got a clean system you can run the installation scripts, make
the symlinks for the client binary, and so on. There's some documentation
for all of that in the v.1.5 release notes (in the Linux installation
section).

If it were me, I'd want to do a jolly good old cleanup and then attempt to
fix the rpm database, so I could proceed to do a clean rpm install. The Fb
1.5.2 rpm installer just goes like clockwork.

./h