Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird vs. MS SQL Server
Author Goutam Paruchuri
Well the Fb engine size is 3 mb is firebird. In MSDE its alteast 30-40
MB for the new one, the old was over 100 MB.
Also the newer MSDE has problems if you try installing multiple
instances. Not that we cannot make it work, its more cumbersome.
Firebird is just a file, security layer is separate from application
database.. Its more easy to work with.

- Goutam