Subject Re: [firebird-support] FireBird Capability
Author Ann W. Harrison
william_yuwei wrote:

> Since I begin to work on a new project which potentially may have
> millions register users, I intend to use FireBird as the back-end
> database, but not sure what its capability is. Does it has the max
> connection limitation if there are huge connections simultaneously?

Some Linux distributions have a default limit of 61 inet connections per
process - settable, but the default is 61. Some Firebird users have run
into that limit. On 32-bit Solaris systems, there's an effective limit
of ~250 connections. Some InterBase and Firebird users have run into
that. Those are plausible numbers. If you expect tens of thousands of
simultaneous connections, you're moving into areas that have not been
tested.

Regards,

Ann