Subject RE: [firebird-support] sql question
Author Louis Kleiman
It looks like this is perhaps a front-end issue. If you are using Delphi, then the parameters are numbered 0 and 1, not 1 and 2. there should be only 2 parameters in the query because the names of the parameter occurrences are the same. Perhaps there is an issue in the FB access component set you are using that thinks at one point that there are four parameters and later gets an error when it tries to access the third one (indexed as 2). Bottom line, don't try to access a parameter with an index of greater than 1.

Louis Kleiman
SSTMS, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Chaisty [mailto:peter@...]
Sent: Thu 1/6/2005 1:02 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] sql question

Hi

I'm stuck on some sql that I am converting from a stored procedure and
I am getting an error

List index out of bounds (2)

The sql is

INSERT INTO PIN_REPORT(VOUCHER_ID,PRODUCT_ID)
SELECT DISTINCT VOUCHER_ID,PRODUCT_ID
FROM PINS
WHERE
(PINS.DOWNLOAD_DATE >= :startdate and PINS.DOWNLOAD_DATE <
:enddate + 1)
OR
(PINS.STATUS_CHANGED >= :startdate and PINS.STATUS_CHANGED <
:enddate +1 AND PINS.STATUS = 5)

If I remove the OR statement and put in just one of the statements
either side of the or it works, so it's not a variable or expresion
problem.
Also the where expression works fine in a stored procedure.
I have tried extra brackets around the whole expression after the
WHERE statement but it then gives the List index error.

Can anyone suggest anything ?.

Peter

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v73n9k/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705115386:HM/EXP=1105121024/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>