Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB embedded thread-safe
Author Woody
From: "Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...>
> Woody,
>

> > > Please advise: is it safe to use the firebird embedded edition from
> > > multi-threaded app simultaneously from a few threads if each thread
> > > has a separate database handle? Say a separate instance of
> > > TIBDataBase (Delphi) is created within each thread.
> > >
> > > The manual doesn't explain this question :(
> >
> > It's not possible.
>
> You're wrong!
>
> See Helen reply for details -- like any other database, as long as each
> thread opens separate database connection/handle you won't have any
> problem.

I don't see a reply from Helen so I'll take your word for it. If I had to
guess, it would mean that the embedded server makes a distinction between
connections made within the same program context and those outside needing
sharing. My understanding was flawed in thinking that it limited all
connections to only one.

Woody (TMW)