Subject Re: [firebird-support] backup database with blobs
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:27 PM 3/01/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm using Firebird 1.0.2 to store some gifs in the database. If I use
>gbak.exe to make a backup of my database, after restorage the blobs are
>vanished. Is there any possibility to get them also?

That simply should not happen. If you are doing a full database backup,
i.e. not "metadata-only", blobs are backed up and restored as part and
parcel of the normal operation.

Firebird 1.0.2 was soooooo long ago, I don't even recall whether this was a
bug in that version. Upgrade to 1.0.3, I'd suggest. A higher point release
always indicates that there were important bugs or regressions in the
preceding point release.

./hb