Subject Re: Looking for answer on ADO/ODBC Auto_Increment Return Value
Author David at PFI
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 06:31 PM 2/01/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Greetings list,
> >
> >I am currently having a problem with an application I am working
on. I need
> >to return the primary key value (generated by a
trigger/generator/procedure
> >combination) of the newly inserted record.
> >
> >I am using ASP (with VBScript) and ADO/ODBC to connect to my firebird
> >database. After countless hours of searching online I found a command
> >"SELECT @@IDENTITY" for MSSQL to retrieve the value, but wonder if
there is
> >a similar command for Firebird or another work around.
> >
> >Thanks much in advance.
>
> The trick is to get it *before* you post the insert. There's an FAQ
on the
> website that tells you how to do it.
>
> ./heLen

Hello Helen

I have been trying to figure out a way to grab the id of the last
insert for a multipage form. I use PHP and Firebird. It is easy in
mysql, but I prefer Firebird ;) You mentioned a FAQ on the site.
firebird.sourceforge.net ??? I can't find it. Or even googling does
not turn up anything for Firebird. Can you post a link?

Thanks

David