Subject Re: [firebird-support] Upgrade 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 procedure
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:51 PM 2/01/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've not found documented the procedure to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
>server version.
>
>I've proceeded like this:
>
>1. Decompress the .zip 1.5.2 package
>2. Stop firebird server (i don't have the "guard" server running; if it
>were, i'd have stopped it too)
>3. Manually replaced all 1.5.1 files for those 1.5.2 equivalents, except
>aliases.conf and firebird.conf (both in the base FB directory).
>4. Started the server
>
>All seems to be running ok under 1.5.2.
>
>Is this the right procedure?

Yes - as you seem to know what you are doing. :-)

>Is it documented anywhere?

Well, if something peculiar were needed, it would be documented in the
point release notes with plenty of noisy warnings. But a point release is
just a "tidy-up" of the previous point release. It doesn't change the
on-disk structure or alter what the engine does to databases (other than
stopping it from doing something it ought not to have been doing, of course).

It's always a good practice to take backups of your database before
stepping up a point, even though upgrading to the next point release
doesn't necessitate a restore. Still, I'm sure you did that. :-)

./heLen