Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Problem with ODBC connection to Linux FB server
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:17 AM 16/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>-
> > isql 10.52.20.13:zak -u SYSDBA -pas ekretsam
> >

>isql direct returns the same error message. Through Google search I
>found out that error message win32 10060 means connection time out =
>host did not respond - probably blocked by firewall.
>When I entered the settings of firewall - I did not see 350/tcp in
>advanced.

The port number is 3050, not 350.

>I put it down, went through rest of settings - Opened the
>settings once more and again nothing remained - as if some magic
>cancelled all my actions???

I don't know what you mean here.

To see which ports are listening, run

netstat -natu

If the server is running and the port is open, you should see it listening
on the host's local address.

You can also check whether the server process is actually running at all, using
ps -aux | grep fb

>Is there any way to set up and check this parameter in some Linux
>configuration file?

Yes, look at the /etc/services file using cat. At or near the end you
should see the entry
gds_db 3050/tcp # FirebirdSQL Database Remote Protocol

I don't know what else to suggest, except to get hold of some documentation
material about Linux and TCP/IP (i.o.w., keep googling!)

./heLen