Subject Re: [firebird-support] Do I need to drop indices after dropping a table?
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:59 AM 16/09/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>If I drop a table, do I have to drop the indices explicitly as well?

No.

>I think indices disappear when I use IBexpert after I reconnect, but I
>see now 41 indices using SQuirreL after I dropped all tables.

Then, if it is a fresh view of the system tables that Squirrel is looking
at, then the tables have not been dropped yet.

Another way to look at this: if you are using one tool (Squirrel) to look
at the system table data (metadata) for this table, and another tool
(IBExpert) to alter the table's data, or to delete the table, then the
transaction settings of the first may block the second from being
committed. If the DROP TABLE statements are in a WAIT transaction, and you
don't end the transaction in Squirrel, the tables are still there, waiting
until the commit is either allowed or disallowed.

./heLen