Subject Re: [firebird-support] Seeing uncommited new record of other table inside the trigger
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 31 Aug 2004 at 21:36, Bambang P wrote:

>However, the select statement above fails to get the value of the
>newly (but uncommited) inserted record of TR_HEADER table.
>
>I read in the documentation, that the trigger's code lives in the same
>transaction context of the calling program, so I suppose the above
>select statement should be able to see the new uncomitted inserted
>record of TR_HEADER, but it is not.

Why do you think so? How did you check this? Does the statement
return no records or return wrong date?

>Do I meet a bug or do I miss some thing?

I'd say that you missed Database Development courses. Keeping
summaries in database is a last resort in performance improving.
Balance can and should be calculated on-the-fly whenever it's needed.
But it also may be a bug, indeed. Create the simplest test case
that can show the bug (SQL script) and public it here.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.