Subject Re: [firebird-support] Service Manager is unavailable on server
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:17 AM 28/08/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I was trying to restore a db on my local computer using
>EMS Interbase/Firebird Manager and got the following message
>
>---------
>Sorry, but Service Manager is unavailable on server [Local Server].
>---------
>
>I have checked and
>
>1. Firebird service is running
>2. Firebird is listening to port 3050
>3. I can open and do things to other dbs on my local computer
>with Manager
>4. I don't seem to be able to do backups with manager either
>
>Running Windows XP, Firebird service 1.5.1.4481

1. Are you logging in/logged in as a non-SYSDBA user? (Only Owner or
SYSDBA can do backups).
2. I don't know EMS behaviour with regard to the service_manager switch,
but if it imposes it by default, you won't be able to use it for local
(IPServer) backups. I assume you tried using local loopback server?
(localhost)

./heLen