Subject Re: [firebird-support] Unavailable database after installing on Windows 2003
Author Paul Reeves
On Wednesday 25 August 2004 14:42, dobedani wrote:

> I installed the same Firebird version there into dir
> C:\Program Files\Firebird\, with Administrator rights. What I do
> afterwards was this:
>
> C:\Program Files\Firebird\bin>gsec -user sysdba -password masterkey
> unavailable database
> unable to open database
>
> C:\Program Files\Firebird\bin>
>
> Other ways to connect - e.g. with isql also result in:
> Statement failed, SQLCODE = -904
> unavailable database
>
> What am I doing wrong??? I understand that Firebird 1.5.1 can work on
> Windows 2003 Server, isn't it? Please help!!! TIA

I just verified that my system was clean (no uninstalled debris lying
around) and did a fresh default install of 1.5.1 on Win2k3. It works
entirely as expected.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I suspect that if a default
click through install doesn't work for you then the answer will lie in
the way you have configured Win2K3.

FWIW, my test was on a basic installation of Win2k3 with no customisation,
apart from specifying an ip address and a dns server.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves
http://www.ibphoenix.com