Subject Re: [firebird-support] SQL - performance
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:36 PM 21/08/2004 +0200, you wrote:

>The reason I wrote that, is that expression indices aren't needed
>for this to be optimized.
>
>I'm not fully aware of what expression indices should be able
>to do anyway. I picture usage as UPPER(column) = 'value'
>and an Upper(Column) index...

..or a SUBSTRING(Column FROM m FOR n) index...?

(Just getting back to the original question...whether one form of query was
faster than the other...not whether either offering was IN(best_choices). ;-)

(Sounds like you need another shipment of B*******S)

To all you choc-munchers out there -- I am allergic to chocolate. :-(

./heLen