Subject RES: RES: [firebird-support] Why after reboot my server I can't access to FB ?
Author Gerson Machado - Yahoo
Lester,

EMS Console uses fbcliente.dll I tested.
One strange thing, I install FB in my station Windows XP and have the
same trouble... but when I define the database name to access and put
the complete path to file .FDB this work fine (like: C:\Program
Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\EMPLOYEE.FDB), so what can I do to put
my database in another directory other than C:\Program...\...\bin\ in my
server ?
Perhaps this is the basic error !

Tks

Gerson

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Lester Caine [mailto:lester@...]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2004 08:27
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: RES: [firebird-support] Why after reboot my server I can't
access to FB ?

Gerson Machado - Yahoo wrote:

> Helen, of course I know if my Server with Firebird reboot all station
> client will break, but my trouble is after Server reboot I can not
> Access my database, anymore.
> I list the firebird.log see above:
>
> NS05 (Client) Tue Aug 17 21:21:48 2004
> Guardian starting: F:\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe
>
> NS05 (Client) Tue Aug 17 21:44:22 2004
> Guardian starting: F:\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe
>
> Only informations about start the application no more.

OK we know that the server is running, so something else is not right
network wise.

Next thing to try is probably the client modules.
gds32.dll or fbclient.dll. Not sure what EMS Console uses to connect,
and what else are you using to connect?
Do a search for any copies of those on the disk, and see if you have an
old one. Don't know why it would not get in the way on installing, but
windows does not follow logical rules ;) so it's possible you are in the

right place when installing, but not when restarting.

--
Lester Caine

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.